What is nasopharyngeal cancer?

Nasopharyngeal cancer is the cancer of the nasopharynx. The nasopharynx includes the upper throat and the nasal passages. A genetic mutation causes healthy cells to grow and multiply without limit.

Picture of pharynx and larynx

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

Is there a cure for nasopharyngeal cancer?
There is a possibility of curing nasopharyngeal cancer with chemotherapy and radiation. However, thi...
What is the rate of incidence for nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is rare in the United States. It is often detected late because other illnesse...
What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?
Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer i...
Should I talk to my doctor about my nasopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You should tell your doctor about any sympto...