Is nasopharyngeal cancer life-threatening?

Nasopharyngeal cancer can be life-threatening if it has been allowed to spread. If the cancer spreads to the lymph nodes, it can then affect other parts of your body as well. While many other cancers use surgery as a main treatment, it is harder to treat nasopharyngeal cancer this way since the nasopharynx is in a hard-to-reach location.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

How is my stage of nasopharyngeal cancer determined?
The stage of nasopharyngeal cancer can be determined through the use of imaging tests, such as CT sc...
What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?
Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer i...
How are stages of nasopharyngeal cancer defined?
Stages of nasopharyngeal cancer are defined by how far the cancer has spread and the size of the tum...
What is the rate of incidence for nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is rare in the United States. It is often detected late because other illnesse...