Is nasopharyngeal cancer life-threatening?

Nasopharyngeal cancer can be life-threatening if it has been allowed to spread. If the cancer spreads to the lymph nodes, it can then affect other parts of your body as well. While many other cancers use surgery as a main treatment, it is harder to treat nasopharyngeal cancer this way since the nasopharynx is in a hard-to-reach location.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

Is there a cure for nasopharyngeal cancer?
There is a possibility of curing nasopharyngeal cancer with chemotherapy and radiation. However, thi...
What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?
Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer i...
How is my stage of nasopharyngeal cancer determined?
The stage of nasopharyngeal cancer can be determined through the use of imaging tests, such as CT sc...
What is nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is the cancer of the nasopharynx. The nasopharynx includes the upper throat an...