How are stages of nasopharyngeal cancer defined?

Stages of nasopharyngeal cancer are defined by how far the cancer has spread and the size of the tumors. Stage I is characterized by the cancer being confined to the nasopharynx. In the second stage, the cancer has spread to other tissues inside the throat and possibly to lymph nodes on one side of the neck. When cancer spreads to lymph nodes and the other side of your neck as well, the nasopharyngeal cancer is in stage III. Nasopharyngeal cancer is in its final stage when it has spread to another body part or to the nerves of your face. It is also in the final stage if it has reached your skull or lower throat.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

How long can I survive with nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be successfully cured if caught early. If not, it is often fatal. Only 35 ...
What is the rate of incidence for nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is rare in the United States. It is often detected late because other illnesse...
Is there a cure for nasopharyngeal cancer?
There is a possibility of curing nasopharyngeal cancer with chemotherapy and radiation. However, thi...
Should I talk to my doctor about my nasopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You should tell your doctor about any sympto...