How is my stage of nasopharyngeal cancer determined?

The stage of nasopharyngeal cancer can be determined through the use of imaging tests, such as CT scans, MRIs, and PET scans. A CT scan can be used to discover whether or not the cancer has spread to the bone. An MRI will be used to check if the cancer has spread to surrounding soft tissues. To confirm that the cancer hasn't spread to your lymph nodes, a lymph node biopsy may be done as well.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

What is nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is the cancer of the nasopharynx. The nasopharynx includes the upper throat an...
Should I talk to my doctor about my nasopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You should tell your doctor about any sympto...
What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?
Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer i...
How can nasopharyngeal cancer spread in the body?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can spread in the body through several means. First, it may spread to nearby a...