How can nasopharyngeal cancer spread in the body?

Nasopharyngeal cancer can spread in the body through several means. First, it may spread to nearby areas through tissues. Second, cancer may spread through the lymphatic system. Nasopharyngeal cancer can also be carried to new locations by the blood. It is called metastasis when the cancer becomes present in other body parts.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

How are stages of nasopharyngeal cancer defined?
Stages of nasopharyngeal cancer are defined by how far the cancer has spread and the size of the tum...
What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?
Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer i...
How is my stage of nasopharyngeal cancer determined?
The stage of nasopharyngeal cancer can be determined through the use of imaging tests, such as CT sc...
What is the rate of incidence for nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is rare in the United States. It is often detected late because other illnesse...