How is nasopharyngeal cancer diagnosed?

The first step in diagnosis of nasopharyngeal cancer is a physical examination. The doctor will feel your neck for lymph node swelling and ask you which symptoms you are experiencing. Symptoms of nasopharyngeal cancer are often indicative of some other condition, so other possibilities will be looked into first. When nasopharyngeal cancer is considered, often you will be sent to an ear, nose and throat doctor, who will examine the nasopharynx for peculiarities with an endoscope. At this time, a biopsy may also be performed to confirm cancer.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

How is my stage of nasopharyngeal cancer determined?
The stage of nasopharyngeal cancer can be determined through the use of imaging tests, such as CT sc...
What is nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is the cancer of the nasopharynx. The nasopharynx includes the upper throat an...
What is the rate of incidence for nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is rare in the United States. It is often detected late because other illnesse...
What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?
Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer i...