What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?

Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer is in a late stage and has spread to other parts of the body, then your chances are lower. General health, age, and the type of nasopharyngeal cancer all affect your chances of recovery. Overall, 35 percent of people diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer live for more than 5 years.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

Is nasopharyngeal cancer life-threatening?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be life-threatening if it has been allowed to spread. If the cancer spread...
How can nasopharyngeal cancer spread in the body?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can spread in the body through several means. First, it may spread to nearby a...
Should I talk to my doctor about my nasopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You should tell your doctor about any sympto...
Is there a cure for nasopharyngeal cancer?
There is a possibility of curing nasopharyngeal cancer with chemotherapy and radiation. However, thi...