What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?

Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer is in a late stage and has spread to other parts of the body, then your chances are lower. General health, age, and the type of nasopharyngeal cancer all affect your chances of recovery. Overall, 35 percent of people diagnosed with nasopharyngeal cancer live for more than 5 years.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

How long can I survive with nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be successfully cured if caught early. If not, it is often fatal. Only 35 ...
How is my stage of nasopharyngeal cancer determined?
The stage of nasopharyngeal cancer can be determined through the use of imaging tests, such as CT sc...
Is there a cure for nasopharyngeal cancer?
There is a possibility of curing nasopharyngeal cancer with chemotherapy and radiation. However, thi...
What is nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is the cancer of the nasopharynx. The nasopharynx includes the upper throat an...