Are there alternative treatments for nasopharyngeal cancer?

While there are no proven alternative treatments for nasopharyngeal cancer, clinical trials may be an option. Biological therapy is a new treatment that is being tested. In this type of therapy, substances are used to enhance the immune system in order to fight cancer. There is also a new type of radiation therapy called intensity-modulated radiation therapy which is better able to target cancer cells as opposed to standard radiation.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

How are stages of nasopharyngeal cancer defined?
Stages of nasopharyngeal cancer are defined by how far the cancer has spread and the size of the tum...
What are my chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer?
Your chances of recovery from nasopharyngeal cancer depend on a variety of factors. If your cancer i...
What is the rate of incidence for nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is rare in the United States. It is often detected late because other illnesse...
Should I talk to my doctor about my nasopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You should tell your doctor about any sympto...