Are there alternative treatments for nasopharyngeal cancer?

While there are no proven alternative treatments for nasopharyngeal cancer, clinical trials may be an option. Biological therapy is a new treatment that is being tested. In this type of therapy, substances are used to enhance the immune system in order to fight cancer. There is also a new type of radiation therapy called intensity-modulated radiation therapy which is better able to target cancer cells as opposed to standard radiation.

Continue Learning about Nasopharyngeal Cancer

Should I talk to my doctor about my nasopharyngeal cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should discuss your symptoms with your doctor. You should tell your doctor about any sympto...
What is nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal cancer is the cancer of the nasopharynx. The nasopharynx includes the upper throat an...
Is nasopharyngeal cancer life-threatening?
Nasopharyngeal cancer can be life-threatening if it has been allowed to spread. If the cancer spread...
How are stages of nasopharyngeal cancer defined?
Stages of nasopharyngeal cancer are defined by how far the cancer has spread and the size of the tum...