Who should not use Symbicort?

You should not use Symbicort (budesonide/ formoterol) if you are allergic to Symbicort, budesonide, formoterol or any of the other ingredients in Symbicort. You should also not use Symbicort if you are having an acute episode of an asthma attack or a COPD flare-up. This is because Symbicort does not act fast enough to be used for effective treatment in this potentially life-threatening situation. Symbicort is primarily used for more long-term treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and to prevent acute attacks.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Do oral antihistamines have side effects?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Oral antihistamines have side effects, including dry mouth and tiredness. The most commonly used sec...
What should I know before taking oral antihistamines?
Before taking oral antihistamines you should know that generally the second generation second genera...
What should I know before using an antihistamine nasal spray?
Some experts suggest that antihistamine nasal spray should not be used for year-round nasal allergy ...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...