Who should not take cetirizine and pseudoephedrine?

People who are allergic to cetirizine and pseudoephedrine or the drug hydralazine should not take the medication. People with certain medical conditions, including severe hypertension, advanced coronary artery disease, narrow-angle glaucoma, or who are not able to urinate, should not take cetirizine and pseudoephedrine. If, within the previous two weeks, you have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as isocarboxazid, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, or tranylcypromine, you should not use cetirizine and pseudoephedrine. Cetirizine and pseudoephedrine is not recommended to be used in children under 12 years of age without the advise of a doctor. Cetirizine and pseudoephedrine should be used with caution in the elderly as they are more sensitive to the side effects.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What are oral antihistamines?
The most commonly used oral antihistamines are second generation antihistamines such as loratidine (...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...
What is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn nasal spray (NasalCrom) reduces allergy symptoms by preventing cells in the air passages fr...