What are the side effects of flunisolide nasal solution?

Most side effects of flunisolide nasal spray are mild and do not need medical intervention. These include an unusual taste after using the spray and a brief stinging sensation. Some people have reported cough, dry nose, sore throat, nausea and nosebleeds while using the spray. More serious side effects that call for immediate medical attention include: reduced ability to smell, an irritated nose, recurring nosebleeds, unusual amounts of sneezing, weak muscles and unexpected weight gain, particularly in the head and neck areas. See a doctor immediately if you experience an allergic response. Symptoms may include breathing difficulty, facial swelling, itching, hives or a rash.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

How can I explain anesthesia to a child?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Children may have concerns about anesthesia before surgery. You can explain to them that there are n...
What should I know before taking oral antihistamines?
Before taking oral antihistamines you should know that generally the second generation second genera...
Can decongestants relieve allergy symptoms?
If a stuffy, blocked-up nose is your primary allergy symptom, a decongestant may offer relief. These...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...