What is tetrahydrozoline?

Tetrahydrozoline is the active ingredient in over-the-counter eye drops, such as Visine and Opti-Clear, for symptom relief from eye irritation. It is also the active ingredient in prescription nasal decongestants such as Tyzine. This drug works by shrinking blood vessels in the eyes or nasal passages.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn nasal spray (NasalCrom) reduces allergy symptoms by preventing cells in the air passages fr...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....
What medications interact with antihistamine nasal sprays?
If you are taking thalidomide, orphenadrine, or an anticholinergic drug, olopatadine can lead to sid...
What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...