What is Symbicort?

Symbicort (budesonide/formoterol) is prescription drug with two active ingredients: a steroid called budesonide and a beta-agonist known as formoterol. The steroid in Symbicort reduces airway inflammation in the lungs. The beta-agonist formoterol relaxes the muscles that surround the airways. Both drugs act together to expand the airways, allowing more air to reach the lungs. Symbicort is used to treat the symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know before using an antihistamine nasal spray?
Some experts suggest that antihistamine nasal spray should not be used for year-round nasal allergy ...
How effective is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn can provide relief of nasal itching, sneezing, and runny nose, but is less effective for re...
What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....