What is the maximum daily dosage of Benadryl?

The amount of your dose will depend on the condition being treated, as well as which product you are taking and how you are responding to treatment. When taking Benadryl for a cold or allergies, the common dose is 25 to 50 mg. every four to six hours or maximum 300 mg. in one day. This dose applies to individuals 12 years of age and older. For children between six and 12 years of age, the dosage is 12.5 to 25 mg. four to six hours. If you are using the cream or gel applied to your skin, the dosage will vary depending on the product. It is typically applied three to four times per day.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
What other medications do oral antihistamines interact with?
If you are taking an opioid, antihistamines may not be good options for you. If you are taking a dr...
What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
Does Symbicort cause tooth decay?
Dr. William M. Litaker, DDSDr. William M. Litaker, DDS
The use of Symbicort can result in tooth decay. Symbicort has a side effect of drying the mouth. Per...