What is cetirizine and pseudoephedrine?

Cetirizine and pseudoephedrine are a combination of prescription medications used to treat the symptoms of colds or seasonal allergies. Cetirizine is an antihistamine that reduces the amount of histamine in the body. Histamine causes watery eyes, itching, runny nose, and sneezing. Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant. It works by reducing the size of blood vessels in the nose and that reduces nasal congestion. The medication is available under the brand names All Day Allergy-D, Zyrtec-D, and Goodsense Cetirizine D-12 hour.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....
What is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn nasal spray (NasalCrom) reduces allergy symptoms by preventing cells in the air passages fr...
Do antihistamines have any side effects?
Dr. Egilius L. Spierings, MDDr. Egilius L. Spierings, MD
Some antihistamines (both over-the-counter and prescription) can make you drowsy, slow your reaction...
What should I know before taking oral antihistamines?
If you have seizures, an enlarged prostate (BPH), bladder neck obstruction, cardiovascular disease, ...