What is Benadryl injection?

Benadryl injection, the brand name for diphenhydramine, is an antihistamine used primarily to treat a severe allergic reaction like anaphylaxis, but may also treat symptoms of Parkinson's disease, motion sickness and the side effects of certain psychiatric medications.

As an injection medication this form of Benadryl spreads throughout the body, including the central nervous system, and blocks the release of histamine produced by the body, stopping allergic reactions.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Do antihistamines have any side effects?
Side effects may include abdominal pain, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and constipat...
What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...
What is an antihistamine?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Antihistamines are medicines that treat mild allergic reactions. Antihistamines come in tablets and ...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...