What is Benadryl?

Benadryl is an antihistamine medication taken to prevent or stop allergy symptoms. It is available over--the-counter or by prescription. Benadryl blocks histamine from producing itching, sneezing, runny nose, itchy watery eyes rashes. Benadryl is typically used to treat allergies and cold symptoms, but can also be used for other medical conditions such as Parkinson's disease or sleeping problems. Since it causes drowsiness, it can be used as a sedative or sleep aid. It is also known as diphenhydramine hydrochloride and is classified as an antihistamine.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

How effective is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn can provide relief of nasal itching, sneezing, and runny nose, but is less effective for re...
What is an antihistamine?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Antihistamines are medicines that treat mild allergic reactions. Antihistamines come in tablets and ...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....
What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...