Who should not do nasal washes and sinus irrigation?

Nasal washes and sinus irrigation are generally considered safe. However, if you are prone to nosebleeds, you may want to talk to your doctor before trying a nasal wash, as frequent nosebleeds are one of the most common side effects. If you are planning or recently had sinus or nasal surgery, you may not want to do a nasal wash or sinus irrigation. The procedure is approved for children as well as for older adults.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

How can I explain anesthesia to a child?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Children may have concerns about anesthesia before surgery. You can explain to them that there are n...
Can decongestants relieve allergy symptoms?
If a stuffy, blocked-up nose is your primary allergy symptom, a decongestant may offer relief. These...
Is there an alternate medicine to Doxylamin and diphenhydramine?
MediGuardMediGuard
Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are both H-1 antagonists, which mean they are both antihistamines in ...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...