Who should not do nasal washes and sinus irrigation?

Nasal washes and sinus irrigation are generally considered safe. However, if you are prone to nosebleeds, you may want to talk to your doctor before trying a nasal wash, as frequent nosebleeds are one of the most common side effects. If you are planning or recently had sinus or nasal surgery, you may not want to do a nasal wash or sinus irrigation. The procedure is approved for children as well as for older adults.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Does Symbicort cause tooth decay?
Dr. William M. Litaker, DDSDr. William M. Litaker, DDS
The use of Symbicort can result in tooth decay. Symbicort has a side effect of drying the mouth. Per...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
Are tetrahydrozoline eye drops safe for people of all ages?
Tetrahydrozoline is considered safe. But always check with your health-care provider. Tetrahydrozoli...
Do oral antihistamines have side effects?
Oral antihistamines can help relieve environmental allergies, but like all drugs, they can have side...