Should I let my doctor know I am taking Benadryl?

Yes, you should let your doctor know that you are taking Benadryl. Due to the potential interaction with a variety of medications, side effects and risks related to other medical conditions, your doctor should know you are taking it. Be sure to talk to your doctor if you have:

• glaucoma
  • ulcers
  • gastroesophageal reflux disorder
  • an enlarged prostate
  • asthma
  • hyperthyroid
  • diseases of the heart
  • hypertension
  • chronic obstructive pulmonary disease

Tell your doctor also if you have problems urinating or if you suffer from allergies. Additionally, if you are pregnant, want to become pregnant or are breastfeeding, you should talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know before taking a decongestant?
If you have an enlarged prostate, decongestants may prevent you from completely emptying your bladde...
What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
How can I explain anesthesia to a child?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Children may have concerns about anesthesia before surgery. You can explain to them that there are n...