What are the risks of using Ayr Saline Nasal Gel?

Ayr Saline Nasal Gel contains a tiny amount of aloe vera. This could theoretically cause an allergic reaction in people allergic to aloe or other lily-related plants. However, no such reactions have ever been reported. No other risks are linked to this over-the-counter product that can be used to soothe irritated nasal passages, even in infants.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
What are the disadvantages of kids using nasal decongestants?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
A medication like oxymetazoline hydrochloride, marketed as Afrin or Neo-Synephrine -- once avail...
What are oral antihistamines?
The most commonly used oral antihistamines are second generation antihistamines such as loratidine (...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...