What is the difference between propylhexedrine and methamphetamine?

Propylhexedrine is structurally similar to amphetamine and, therefore, also to methamphetamine. Both indirectly stimulate the central nervous system and both have been used to suppress appetite for obesity treatment. However, methamphetamine is classified as a schedule two, C-II drug by the United States Controlled Substances Act (CSA), because it has a high abuse potential. Medically, it is intended for treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in people 12 years of age and older. Methamphetamine can be extremely habit-forming and, if abused,  can cause serious health problems including heart problems and death.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...
Do oral antihistamines have side effects?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Oral antihistamines have side effects, including dry mouth and tiredness. The most commonly used sec...
What should I know before taking oral antihistamines?
Before taking oral antihistamines you should know that generally the second generation second genera...
What is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn nasal spray (NasalCrom) reduces allergy symptoms by preventing cells in the air passages fr...