Who should not use cromolyn ophthalmic solution?

You should not use cromolyn ophthalmic solution if you are allergic to cromolyn sodium. You should also not use the eye drops while wearing contact lenses. It is possible some medical conditions may require your doctor to adjust your dosage for safe use. Tell your doctor about any medical conditions you have before use. Cromolyn ophthalmic solution is not known to affect an unborn baby, but may pass into breast milk. You should not use cromolyn ophthalmic solution if you are breastfeeding without discussing the risks and benefits of use with your doctor. It should be used with caution in children under four years of age.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Can I overdose on Benadryl?
Yes! As with many medicines, both prescription and over-the-counter, it is possible to overdose on B...
How can I explain anesthesia to a child?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Children may have concerns about anesthesia before surgery. You can explain to them that there are n...
Can decongestants relieve allergy symptoms?
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA VirginiaRetreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA Virginia
Over-the-counter decongestants may be helpful in treating the stuffy noses that often go along with ...
What should I know before using an antihistamine nasal spray?
Some experts suggest that antihistamine nasal spray should not be used for year-round nasal allergy ...