Who should not use cromolyn ophthalmic solution?

You should not use cromolyn ophthalmic solution if you are allergic to cromolyn sodium. You should also not use the eye drops while wearing contact lenses. It is possible some medical conditions may require your doctor to adjust your dosage for safe use. Tell your doctor about any medical conditions you have before use. Cromolyn ophthalmic solution is not known to affect an unborn baby, but may pass into breast milk. You should not use cromolyn ophthalmic solution if you are breastfeeding without discussing the risks and benefits of use with your doctor. It should be used with caution in children under four years of age.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....
What are the side effects of chronic nasal spray use?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Someone whose nose is constantly clogged because of allergic rhinitis will snort nasal sprays like N...
Do oral antihistamines have side effects?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Oral antihistamines have side effects, including dry mouth and tiredness. The most commonly used sec...