Who should not use beclomethasone HFA?

If an asthma attack has already started, do not use beclomethasone HFA (brand name Qvar) to treat it, because it is not an emergency treatment and will not stop an asthma attack once it has started. If you are sick or have any kind of infection, you will not be able to use beclomethasone HFA until you have recovered. Because it is a corticosteroid, beclomethasone should be used sparingly in children, as it can affect their growth rate. If you are allergic to beclomethasone, you should not use this medication.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What are the side effects of nasal cromolyn?
The most common side effects people taking nasal cromolyn experience are irritated nasal passages (b...
How can I explain anesthesia to a child?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Children may have concerns about anesthesia before surgery. You can explain to them that there are n...
What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...
How do antihistamines relieve allergy and sinus symptoms?
Antihistamines block histamines, which are chemicals responsible for many allergy symptoms. Antihist...