Should I let my doctor know I am taking decongestants?

If you are planning on taking decongestants, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any medication you are taking so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Decongestants, in particular, can react adversely with a variety of different medical conditions, medications and foods. Thus, it is important to discuss the proper dosage of decongestants and all of the possible complications that may accompany it.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Do antihistamines have any side effects?
Dr. Egilius L. Spierings, MDDr. Egilius L. Spierings, MD
Some antihistamines (both over-the-counter and prescription) can make you drowsy, slow your reaction...
Can I overdose on Benadryl?
Yes! As with many medicines, both prescription and over-the-counter, it is possible to overdose on B...
What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...
What should I know before using an antihistamine nasal spray?
Some experts suggest that antihistamine nasal spray should not be used for year-round nasal allergy ...