Should I let my doctor know I am taking decongestants?

If you are planning on taking decongestants, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any medication you are taking so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Decongestants, in particular, can react adversely with a variety of different medical conditions, medications and foods. Thus, it is important to discuss the proper dosage of decongestants and all of the possible complications that may accompany it.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What medications interact with antihistamine nasal sprays?
If you are taking thalidomide, orphenadrine, or an anticholinergic drug, olopatadine can lead to sid...
Is there an alternate medicine to Doxylamin and diphenhydramine?
MediGuardMediGuard
Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are both H-1 antagonists, which mean they are both antihistamines in ...
What are side effects of antihistamine nasal sprays?
Side effects may include headaches, a sensation of burning in the nose, nosebleeds, sneezing, a bitt...
Are tetrahydrozoline eye drops safe for people of all ages?
Tetrahydrozoline is considered safe. But always check with your health-care provider. Tetrahydrozoli...