Should I let my doctor know I am taking diphenhydramine?

You should let your doctor know that you are taking diphenhydramine. This medication can be dangerous when combined with certain other medications. Also, if you have certain conditions, such as hyperthyroidism, asthma, stomach ulcers, glaucoma, bladder problems, enlarged prostate or hypertension, then you may not be able to take this medication or your dose will need to be adjusted. If you are going to have any type of surgery, you also should inform the doctor or dentist that you are on this medication. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or if you are breastfeeding.  

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
Is there an alternate medicine to Doxylamin and diphenhydramine?
MediGuardMediGuard
Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are both H-1 antagonists, which mean they are both antihistamines in ...
How do antihistamines relieve allergy and sinus symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Antihistamines block histamines, which are chemicals responsible for many allergy symptoms. Antihist...
What are oral antihistamines?
The most commonly used oral antihistamines are second generation antihistamines such as loratidine (...