What should I know before taking azelastine?

Azelastine can cause significant drowsiness, so do not drive, operate machinery or do any other activities that require you to be alert until you know how this medication affects you. Alcohol can also increase the drowsiness or dizziness caused by azelastine, so it is best not to drink alcoholic beverages while using this medication. If you regularly use other medications that cause drowsiness, you should talk to your doctor about whether to take azelastine hydrochloride, since these drugs can combine to cause severe and sudden drowsiness.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know before taking oral antihistamines?
If you have seizures, an enlarged prostate (BPH), bladder neck obstruction, cardiovascular disease, ...
Can I overdose on Benadryl?
Yes! As with many medicines, both prescription and over-the-counter, it is possible to overdose on B...
What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
What other medications do oral antihistamines interact with?
If you are taking an opioid, antihistamines may not be good options for you. If you are taking a dr...