What should I know about cromolyn ophthalmic solution?

Cromolyn ophthalmic solution is a prescription eye drop that treats allergy symptoms. It is used to prevent allergic reactions and has little effect on acute allergic reactions. You may need to use cromolyn ophthalmic solution for up to six weeks before your symptoms improve. It is important to use the eye drops regularly, as prescribed by your doctor, to receive maximum benefit. You should not wear contact lenses when using cromolyn sodium ophthalmic solution. You should not use other eye medications without first talking to your doctor. This drug should be used with caution in children under four years of age, as the safety for this age group has not been studied.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What is a decongestant?
Decongestants are available as pills, nasal sprays, or drops. They are meant for short-term use only...
What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
What medications interact with antihistamine nasal sprays?
If you are taking thalidomide, orphenadrine, or an anticholinergic drug, olopatadine can lead to sid...
Can I overdose on Benadryl?
Yes! As with many medicines, both prescription and over-the-counter, it is possible to overdose on B...