How does Symbicort treat airway obstruction?

The steroid in Symbicort (budesonide/ formoterol) reduces airway inflammation in the lungs. The beta-agonist formoterol relaxes the muscles that surround the airways. Both drugs act together to expand the airways, allowing more air to reach the lungs.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
How effective are oral antihistamines?
Most oral antihistamines must be taken every day to control symptoms. They are more effective than a...
What should I know before taking a decongestant?
If you have an enlarged prostate, decongestants may prevent you from completely emptying your bladde...
What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...