How soon after using Symbicort will my symptoms improve?

After beginning treatment with Symbicort (budesonide/ formoterol), some people may begin to notice improvement in as early as 15 minutes. But the time is very variable from person to person, so for others it can take up to two weeks for symptoms to improve. If you do not notice any improvement in one week, consider telling your doctor. He or she may ask you to wait another week to see if any improvement occurs, switch you to the higher strength of Symbicort if you started at the lower strength, or they may switch you to a different medication.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Is there an alternate medicine to Doxylamin and diphenhydramine?
MediGuardMediGuard
Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are both H-1 antagonists, which mean they are both antihistamines in ...
Can I overdose on Benadryl?
Yes! As with many medicines, both prescription and over-the-counter, it is possible to overdose on B...
What are the disadvantages of kids using nasal decongestants?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
A medication like oxymetazoline hydrochloride, marketed as Afrin or Neo-Synephrine -- once avail...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....