How soon after using Symbicort will my symptoms improve?

After beginning treatment with Symbicort (budesonide/ formoterol), some people may begin to notice improvement in as early as 15 minutes. But the time is very variable from person to person, so for others it can take up to two weeks for symptoms to improve. If you do not notice any improvement in one week, consider telling your doctor. He or she may ask you to wait another week to see if any improvement occurs, switch you to the higher strength of Symbicort if you started at the lower strength, or they may switch you to a different medication.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know before using an antihistamine nasal spray?
Some experts suggest that antihistamine nasal spray should not be used for year-round nasal allergy ...
Is there an alternate medicine to Doxylamin and diphenhydramine?
MediGuardMediGuard
Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are both H-1 antagonists, which mean they are both antihistamines in ...
What is a decongestant?
Decongestants are available as pills, nasal sprays, or drops. They are meant for short-term use only...
How effective is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn can provide relief of nasal itching, sneezing, and runny nose, but is less effective for re...