How does sodium chloride treat sodium loss?

Some types of sodium chloride may be used to treat sodium loss. When taken as a tablet or injected, sodium chloride can replace the sodium that may be lost due to dehydration, excessive sweating or other conditions. Sodium is essential for the body to function correctly, so sodium chloride may be necessary if sodium levels fall too low. Talk to your doctor if you have questions about using sodium chloride to treat sodium loss.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Can I overdose on Benadryl?
Yes! As with many medicines, both prescription and over-the-counter, it is possible to overdose on B...
What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...
What are oral antihistamines?
The most commonly used oral antihistamines are second generation antihistamines such as loratidine (...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....