How soon after taking sodium chloride will my symptoms improve?

The length of time it will take for symptoms to improve after taking sodium chloride depends on the form you are using. The nasal spray is taken as needed to treat nasal dryness, so results may vary from person to person. When taken as an injectable solution, sodium chloride should improve symptoms relatively quickly, within a few hours or days of taking it. Results also may vary when sodium chloride is taken as tablets. No matter what form of sodium chloride you take, always follow your doctor's instructions for dosage and continue to take the medication for the length of time recommended.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What is a decongestant?
Decongestants are available as pills, nasal sprays, or drops. They are meant for short-term use only...
What other medications do oral antihistamines interact with?
If you are taking an opioid, antihistamines may not be good options for you. If you are taking a dr...
Can I overdose on Benadryl?
West Valley Medical CenterWest Valley Medical Center
You can overdose on Benadryl by not following the dosing instructions. Taking too much Benadryl can ...
Does Symbicort cause tooth decay?
Dr. William M. Litaker, DDSDr. William M. Litaker, DDS
The use of Symbicort can result in tooth decay. Symbicort has a side effect of drying the mouth. Per...