How should I take nasal cromolyn?

Follow the directions on the label or your doctor's instructions when taking nasal cromolyn. First blow your nose, tilt your head forward, push one of your nostrils closed, insert the tip of the inhaler into your open nostril and spray. Breath in through your nose and then out through your mouth. Repeat with the other nostril each nostril between 3 and 6 times a day until your symptoms are better. Then, you will use the spray every 8 to 12 hours until allergy season is over or your doctor instructs you to stop using it.  

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What are side effects of antihistamine nasal sprays?
Side effects may include headaches, a sensation of burning in the nose, nosebleeds, sneezing, a bitt...
What is a decongestant?
Decongestants are available as pills, nasal sprays, or drops. They are meant for short-term use only...
How effective is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn can provide relief of nasal itching, sneezing, and runny nose, but is less effective for re...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...