How should I take Astelin?

You should take Astelin as directed, for the amount of time required and in the exact dose as prescribed by your doctor. Taking too much, too little, or not taking it as prescribed will have negative effects. Be sure to only spray Astelin in your nose. If it gets in your eyes or mouth, rinse the area immediately. It is also recommended that you blow your nose prior to using the spray.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What are the disadvantages of kids using nasal decongestants?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
A medication like oxymetazoline hydrochloride, marketed as Afrin or Neo-Synephrine -- once avail...
How do antihistamines relieve allergy and sinus symptoms?
Antihistamines block histamines, which are chemicals responsible for many allergy symptoms. Antihist...
Can I overdose on Benadryl?
Yes! As with many medicines, both prescription and over-the-counter, it is possible to overdose on B...
What are the side effects of chronic nasal spray use?
Someone whose nose is constantly clogged because of allergic rhinitis will snort nasal sprays like N...