Does Optivar interact with other medications or foods?

Drug interactions with Optivar have not been reported. Optivar is an eye medication that requires a very small amount of medication to be placed in the eye for treatment. Very little of this medication enters into the bloodstream and is, therefore, unlikely to interact with other medications or foods. Drug interactions are never predictable and may arise for various reasons, so talk to your doctor about all of your prescription and over-the-counter medications before using Optivar or any other medication.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Can I overdose on Benadryl?
Yes! As with many medicines, both prescription and over-the-counter, it is possible to overdose on B...
How can I explain anesthesia to a child?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Children may have concerns about anesthesia before surgery. You can explain to them that there are n...
Are tetrahydrozoline eye drops safe for people of all ages?
Tetrahydrozoline is considered safe. But always check with your health-care provider. Tetrahydrozoli...
How do antihistamines relieve allergy and sinus symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Antihistamines block histamines, which are chemicals responsible for many allergy symptoms. Antihist...