How does cromolyn sodium inhalation aerosol work?

Cromolyn belongs to a family of medications known as mast cell stabilizers. This medicine is used to treat asthma symptoms such as wheezing, shortness of breath, and difficulty breathing. These symptoms occur when cells known as mast cells release substances that cause tissue to become inflamed. Cromolyn works by keeping mast cells intact.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know before taking oral antihistamines?
Before taking oral antihistamines you should know that generally the second generation second genera...
What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...
Is there an alternate medicine to Doxylamin and diphenhydramine?
MediGuardMediGuard
Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are both H-1 antagonists, which mean they are both antihistamines in ...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....