How does a beclomethasone oral inhaler work?

Beclomethasone is inhaled through your mouth into your lungs in an aerosol form.  The medicine in beclomethasone oral inhaler is a corticosteroid that, when inhaled, helps you breathe easier by reducing the inflammation and swelling in your airways. The typical dose for inhaled beclomethasone (QVAR) is one or two puffs two times each day.

Be sure to follow your doctor's directions and use the oral inhaler the correct number of times during the day. If your doctor has prescribed another quick-acting medicine to relieve breathing difficulty (bronchodilator), then use it several minutes before your dose of beclomethasone.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Can decongestants relieve allergy symptoms?
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA VirginiaRetreat Doctors’ Hospital - HCA Virginia
Over-the-counter decongestants may be helpful in treating the stuffy noses that often go along with ...
Can I overdose on Benadryl?
Yes! As with many medicines, both prescription and over-the-counter, it is possible to overdose on B...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....
What are side effects of antihistamine nasal sprays?
Side effects may include headaches, a sensation of burning in the nose, nosebleeds, sneezing, a bitt...