Should I let my doctor know I am taking antihistamines?

If you are planning on taking antihistamines, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any medication you are taking so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Antihistamines, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications, and foods. Thus, it is important to discuss the proper dosage of antihistamines and all of the possible complications that may accompany it.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

How effective is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn can provide relief of nasal itching, sneezing, and runny nose, but is less effective for re...
What are side effects of antihistamine nasal sprays?
Side effects may include headaches, a sensation of burning in the nose, nosebleeds, sneezing, a bitt...
Are tetrahydrozoline eye drops safe for people of all ages?
Tetrahydrozoline is considered safe. But always check with your health-care provider. Tetrahydrozoli...
What other medications do oral antihistamines interact with?
If you are taking an opioid, antihistamines may not be good options for you. If you are taking a dr...