What is the difference between tetrahydrozoline eye drops and nasal spray?

The eye drops are tetrahydrozoline 0.05% and are used to treat dry, red, sore and irritated eyes. It is the active ingredient in several over-the-counter eye medications: Redness Reliever Eye Drops, Opti-Clear, Geneye, Visine Original. The nasal spray is tetrahydrozoline 0.1% and used for treatment of sinus congestion. It is the active ingredient in the prescription brand name drug Tyzine.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know before taking a decongestant?
If you have an enlarged prostate, decongestants may prevent you from completely emptying your bladde...
What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...
What other medications do oral antihistamines interact with?
If you are taking an opioid, antihistamines may not be good options for you. If you are taking a dr...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....