Can I use carbinoxamine/pseudoephedrine if I'm breastfeeding?

This medication is not available in the United States; however, it may be available elsewhere. The risks and benefits of using carbinoxamine/pseudoephedrine while breastfeeding remain uncertain. There are no studies that have examined whether the drug is excreted in breast milk, but the manufacturer recommends that nursing mothers use caution when using it. It's possible that the benefits of carbinoxamine/pseudoephedrine may outweigh the potential risks, but it's best to consult your doctor.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
What are the disadvantages of kids using nasal decongestants?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
A medication like oxymetazoline hydrochloride, marketed as Afrin or Neo-Synephrine -- once avail...
What medications interact with antihistamine nasal sprays?
If you are taking thalidomide, orphenadrine, or an anticholinergic drug, olopatadine can lead to sid...
How can I explain anesthesia to a child?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Children may have concerns about anesthesia before surgery. You can explain to them that there are n...