Can I use carbinoxamine/pseudoephedrine if I'm breastfeeding?

This medication is not available in the United States; however, it may be available elsewhere. The risks and benefits of using carbinoxamine/pseudoephedrine while breastfeeding remain uncertain. There are no studies that have examined whether the drug is excreted in breast milk, but the manufacturer recommends that nursing mothers use caution when using it. It's possible that the benefits of carbinoxamine/pseudoephedrine may outweigh the potential risks, but it's best to consult your doctor.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Can decongestants relieve allergy symptoms?
If a stuffy, blocked-up nose is your primary allergy symptom, a decongestant may offer relief. These...
How do decongestants interact with other medications?
If you are taking linezolid, nasal decongestants can lead to side effects and should be avoided. If...
What are side effects of antihistamine nasal sprays?
Side effects may include headaches, a sensation of burning in the nose, nosebleeds, sneezing, a bitt...
How can I explain anesthesia to a child?
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SLRocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Children may have concerns about anesthesia before surgery. You can explain to them that there are n...