Can I wear my contacts while using Optivar?

You should not wear your contact lenses while using Optivar. In fact, you should not wear them any time your eyes are red or infected. Take them out before you use Optivar, and wait at least 10 minutes after using the medication before putting them back in. Talk with your doctor about wearing contacts while treating your condition.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know about nasal cromolyn before taking it?
If you are breastfeeding, cromolyn nasal spray may not be a good option for you. It is not known if ...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
What are side effects of antihistamine nasal sprays?
Side effects may include headaches, a sensation of burning in the nose, nosebleeds, sneezing, a bitt...
Is there an alternate medicine to Doxylamin and diphenhydramine?
MediGuardMediGuard
Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are both H-1 antagonists, which mean they are both antihistamines in ...