Can I walk or run for exercise when I have a cold?

Taking a 20- or 30-minute walk several times a week is a great way to stay in shape. It can even ease the symptoms of your cold by allowing you to open up your breathing passages as you inhale. On the other hand, avoid long-distance endurance running when you have a cold, because studies have shown that your immune system function can be compromised for up to a day afterward.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
Do decongestants have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, nausea, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia, tremor, elevated blood...
Does Symbicort cause tooth decay?
Dr. William M. Litaker, DDSDr. William M. Litaker, DDS
The use of Symbicort can result in tooth decay. Symbicort has a side effect of drying the mouth. Per...