Can I walk or run for exercise when I have a cold?

Taking a 20- or 30-minute walk several times a week is a great way to stay in shape. It can even ease the symptoms of your cold by allowing you to open up your breathing passages as you inhale. On the other hand, avoid long-distance endurance running when you have a cold, because studies have shown that your immune system function can be compromised for up to a day afterward.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know before using an antihistamine nasal spray?
Some experts suggest that antihistamine nasal spray should not be used for year-round nasal allergy ...
What is an antihistamine?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Antihistamines are medicines that treat mild allergic reactions. Antihistamines come in tablets and ...
Do antihistamines have any side effects?
Dr. Egilius L. Spierings, MDDr. Egilius L. Spierings, MD
Some antihistamines (both over-the-counter and prescription) can make you drowsy, slow your reaction...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....