Can I become addicted to Benadryl?

No, Benadryl is not an addictive medication. You cannot become dependent on it like some other medications. If you take it regularly, you may build up a tolerance for Benadryl and therefore need to increase your dosage. However, this does not indicate an addiction. You will not go through withdrawals or suffer adverse side effects when you stop taking Benadryl. If you use Benadryl to help you fall asleep, you may have difficulty falling asleep without it. This effect is believed to be psychological though, and not physical, and may require you to develop new sleeping habits.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Are tetrahydrozoline eye drops safe for people of all ages?
Tetrahydrozoline is considered safe. But always check with your health-care provider. Tetrahydrozoli...
What are the side effects of chronic nasal spray use?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Someone whose nose is constantly clogged because of allergic rhinitis will snort nasal sprays like N...
What should I know before taking oral antihistamines?
Before taking oral antihistamines you should know that generally the second generation second genera...
What are oral antihistamines?
The most commonly used oral antihistamines are second generation antihistamines such as loratidine (...