Do I need to prepare the dispenser before I can use Astelin?

Yes, the first time you use a bottle of Astelin (azelastine) spray you need to prepare the bottle. This involves taking off the cap and replacing it with the pump that comes with it. Before using it, you should spray it several times until a mist appears. If you do not use the spray for several days, you should spray it again several times before using it.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

How effective is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn can provide relief of nasal itching, sneezing, and runny nose, but is less effective for re...
How effective are oral antihistamines?
Most oral antihistamines must be taken every day to control symptoms. They are more effective than a...
What are antihistamine nasal sprays?
Antihistamine nasal sprays place the antihistamine in the nasal passages and the sinuses. As an anti...
How do antihistamines relieve allergy and sinus symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Antihistamines block histamines, which are chemicals responsible for many allergy symptoms. Antihist...