Who should avoid taking sodium chloride as a treatment?

You shouldn't take sodium chloride (also the chemical name for table salt) as a medical treatment if you have high sodium levels in your blood and are following a low-sodium diet. Other conditions -- including high blood pressure, heart failure and liver or kidney problems -- may also make it unadvisable for you to take sodium chloride, so be sure to discuss this with your doctor. Certain medications may interact with sodium chloride, so talk to your doctor about any drugs or supplements you're taking before starting treatment.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

Is there an alternate medicine to Doxylamin and diphenhydramine?
MediGuardMediGuard
Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are both H-1 antagonists, which mean they are both antihistamines in ...
What should I know before taking cromolyn?
It is not known if cromolyn is safe or effective for children and adolescents under 18 years of age....
Can I overdose on Benadryl?
West Valley Medical CenterWest Valley Medical Center
You can overdose on Benadryl by not following the dosing instructions. Taking too much Benadryl can ...
What should I know before taking oral antihistamines?
Before taking oral antihistamines you should know that generally the second generation second genera...