Is there an alternate medicine to Doxylamin and diphenhydramine?

Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are both H-1 antagonists, which mean they are both antihistamines in the same class of medications. Although they are slightly different chemicals, they can produce the same effect. Your body becomes reliant on one of the medications to fall asleep, so changing them back and forth will probably not help with decreasing your reliance on the other. Antihistamines have an effect on your natural sleep patterns, so taking them for a few days even can cause you to be less able to sleep on your own. Discuss other medications for sleep with your physician or natural methods to help you sleep without medication.

Continue Learning about Nasal Agent

What should I know before using an antihistamine nasal spray?
Some experts suggest that antihistamine nasal spray should not be used for year-round nasal allergy ...
What is the best over-the-counter antihistamine?
Sky Ridge Medical CenterSky Ridge Medical Center
When it comes to the best over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamines, I try hard to base my preferences n...
What is cromolyn nasal spray?
Cromolyn nasal spray (NasalCrom) reduces allergy symptoms by preventing cells in the air passages fr...
What should I know before taking oral antihistamines?
Before taking oral antihistamines you should know that generally the second generation second genera...