Should I talk to my doctor about my narcolepsy symptoms?

If daytime fatigue is interfering with your life, or if you suspect you have narcolepsy, you should talk to your doctor. Undiagnosed narcolepsy can lead to personal and professional problems, as your behavior could be mistaken for laziness or disinterest, or you could have trouble completing tasks. Serious complications such as auto accidents can also result from uncontrolled sleepiness. Though your doctor cannot offer a cure, they can diagnose your narcolepsy and may be able to treat some of its symptoms.

Continue Learning about Narcolepsy

How can I cope with narcolepsy?
American Academy of Sleep MedicineAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
Your doctor may recommend lifestyle changes to help you manage the symptoms of narcolepsy. You will ...
What are the treatment options for narcolepsy?
Narcolepsy has no cure, but treatment options are available. Your doctor may prescribe an antide...
Are there alternative treatments for narcolepsy?
Behavioral changes may help treat some of your narcolepsy symptoms without medication. Avoid smoking...
How does narcolepsy affect the body?
Narcolepsy can make you very tired during the day, and may cause you to fall asleep without warning ...