Should I talk to my doctor about my narcolepsy symptoms?

If daytime fatigue is interfering with your life, or if you suspect you have narcolepsy, you should talk to your doctor. Undiagnosed narcolepsy can lead to personal and professional problems, as your behavior could be mistaken for laziness or disinterest, or you could have trouble completing tasks. Serious complications such as auto accidents can also result from uncontrolled sleepiness. Though your doctor cannot offer a cure, they can diagnose your narcolepsy and may be able to treat some of its symptoms.

Continue Learning about Narcolepsy

What are the signs of narcolepsy?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
What are the signs of narcolepsy? • Excessive daytime sleepiness is typically the first symptom ...
What is narcolepsy?
American Academy of Sleep MedicineAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
Narcolepsy is a lifelong sleep disorder that makes you feel overwhelmingly tired. Severe narcolepsy ...
What are the symptoms of narcolepsy?
Symptoms of narcolepsy usually begin between the ages of 15 to 25, but they may start at a much youn...
Are there alternative treatments for narcolepsy?
Behavioral changes may help treat some of your narcolepsy symptoms without medication. Avoid smoking...