Do people with narcolepsy sleep more than people without it?

When you add up the total hours of sleep time, people with narcolepsy don’t necessarily sleep any more than those without the sleep disorder. Many people with narcolepsy often have difficulty sleeping through the night because of unwanted awakenings.

Continue Learning about Narcolepsy

How do other illnesses affect narcolepsy?
Because the exact cause of narcolepsy is not known, it is unknown whether any other disease has an...
What are the symptoms of narcolepsy?
American Academy of Sleep MedicineAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
Symptoms of narcolepsy usually begin between the ages of 15 to 25, but they may start at a much youn...
How do I manage my narcolepsy on a daily basis?
To manage your narcolepsy on a daily basis, follow the instructions of your doctor. Take all prescri...
Is narcolepsy serious?
Having narcolepsy is potentially serious. The condition itself will not harm you. But your work or...