Is there a cure for narcolepsy?

There is no cure for narcolepsy. However, medication and lifestyle changes can help you manage the sleep disorder. It may take some time for a board-certified sleep doctor to find the right treatment plan for you.

There is currently no cure for narcolepsy. Prescription medications and behavioral changes can help you manage its symptoms, however. Talk to your doctor about your treatment options.

Continue Learning about Narcolepsy

Should I talk to my doctor about my narcolepsy symptoms?
If daytime fatigue is interfering with your life, or if you suspect you have narcolepsy, you should ...
How can I cope with narcolepsy?
American Academy of Sleep MedicineAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
Your doctor may recommend lifestyle changes to help you manage the symptoms of narcolepsy. You will ...
How is narcolepsy treated?
Many doctors prescribe the drug modafinil (Provigil) first for narcolepsy because it is less addicti...
Are there alternative treatments for narcolepsy?
Behavioral changes may help treat some of your narcolepsy symptoms without medication. Avoid smoking...