Is there a cure for narcolepsy?

There is no cure for narcolepsy. However, medication and lifestyle changes can help you manage the sleep disorder. It may take some time for a board-certified sleep doctor to find the right treatment plan for you.

There is currently no cure for narcolepsy. Prescription medications and behavioral changes can help you manage its symptoms, however. Talk to your doctor about your treatment options.

Continue Learning about Narcolepsy

When do symptoms of narcolepsy appear?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
In most cases, symptoms first appear between the ages of 10 and 25 years, but narcolepsy can become ...
Is narcolepsy a sleep disorder?
Narcolepsy is a potentially serious, chronic sleep disorder which causes uncontrollable fatigue duri...
What tests are used to diagnose narcolepsy?
It's not unusual for people suffering from narcolepsy to visit a variety of healthcare professionals...
What kind of doctor should I see for my narcolepsy?
If you suspect you have narcolepsy, you may want to make an appointment with your family physici...