How do other illnesses affect narcolepsy?

Because the exact cause of narcolepsy is not known, it is unknown whether any other disease has an effect on it. But if you have another condition for which you are taking medication, be sure to tell your doctor before they prescribe a drug for your narcolepsy symptoms. Certain medications for diabetes and high blood pressure, for example, should not be taken together with certain narcolepsy drugs.

Continue Learning about Narcolepsy

What are the symptoms of narcolepsy?
American Academy of Sleep MedicineAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
Symptoms of narcolepsy usually begin between the ages of 15 to 25, but they may start at a much youn...
Should I talk to my doctor about my narcolepsy symptoms?
If daytime fatigue is interfering with your life, or if you suspect you have narcolepsy, you should ...
What kind of doctor should I see for my narcolepsy?
For the evaluation of narcolepsy, it is best to start with a primary care physician who can perform ...
Is narcolepsy a sleep disorder?
Narcolepsy is a potentially serious, chronic sleep disorder which causes uncontrollable fatigue duri...