Can narcolepsy be prevented?

Because the exact causes of narcolepsy are unknown, there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Narcolepsy may have a genetic component. Seek treatment for your narcolepsy to try to prevent its symptoms from interfering with your life.

Continue Learning about Narcolepsy

How does narcolepsy affect the body?
Narcolepsy can make you very tired during the day, and may cause you to fall asleep without warning ...
Are there alternative treatments for narcolepsy?
Behavioral changes may help treat some of your narcolepsy symptoms without medication. Avoid smoking...
What kind of doctor should I see for my narcolepsy?
If you suspect you have narcolepsy, you may want to make an appointment with your family physici...
How common is narcolepsy?
The rate of narcolepsy varies by region, even among developed nations. For instance, in the United S...