Can narcolepsy be prevented?

Because the exact causes of narcolepsy are unknown, there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Narcolepsy may have a genetic component. Seek treatment for your narcolepsy to try to prevent its symptoms from interfering with your life.

Continue Learning about Narcolepsy

What kind of doctor should I see for my narcolepsy?
For the evaluation of narcolepsy, it is best to start with a primary care physician who can perform ...
What are the treatment options for narcolepsy?
Narcolepsy has no cure, but treatment options are available. Your doctor may prescribe an antide...
What are the signs of narcolepsy?
American Academy of Sleep MedicineAmerican Academy of Sleep Medicine
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, there is a chance that you have narcolepsy. ...
How do I manage my narcolepsy on a daily basis?
Narcolepsy may have no cure—yet—but scientists all over the world are working toward a solution....